- August 12 training was too much information in one day. Break out groups and hands on activities were good. Needed more time for conversation and dialogue about topics.
- We discussed the goals of the OBPP and indicated the plan for this first semester (to go over the school wide and teacher’s guides and refine rubric and supervisory systems.
- The OBQ will be given during the spring semester.
- Kickoff event will happen in January. Our PLT’s felt that the week of Jan. 13 was better timing-wise than the week of Jan. 20. Teachers also would like to see a shortened schedule for that day to allow for contact with all hours rather than cutting out one or two hours entirely.
- Class meetings will start in January through tribe time and will be held twice a month. We are still working out details as far as who will assist with large classes, etc.
- We discussed 2 speakers for the kickoff: Bill Cordes and Jeff Yalden.
- Anti-Bullying Awareness Week is Oct. 7-11. In order to bring awareness at this time, we will be reading short announcements every day. At the end of each announcement, we would like to recognize some of the good things our students are doing. We asked teachers to email Erin Spreer at West Campus and Rachelle Bahr at East Campus with the names of students who are doing good things and what they did. We will draw from the names submitted and with some of the money written into our grant for positive reinforcements, we will be rewarding those students with a gift card. It was discussed in PLT that students might not like to have their name announced so we will be reading the good deed on the announcements and leaving the name out. REMINDER: Please keep sending those good deeds to Rachelle Bahr and Erin Spreer!